Miles For Mind brings people together to raise money & awareness for mental health through running and to date, the Miles For Mind community have raised over £368,000 for Mind which is incredible!
With Mental Health Awareness Week falling in May, we will be hosting Miles For Mind in this month to enable people to come together and support the mental health charity, Mind.
Some of the key highlights include:
- For every entry runr will donate 50% of the profit to Mind (National Association for Mental Health) (reg charity number 219830).
- Automatically sync runs with Strava, Garmin and Fitbit and manually add runs.
- Using our platform you can raise further funds for Mind (optional) using our JustGiving integration.
- Create or join a team.
- Interact with the running community on any of our Strava, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts
- Free monthly mileage tracker
- A 'bingo card' of things to tick off on your runs throughout the month
- Overall and individuals progress tracked against goals
- Earn badges and rewards as you progress
Key Event Information
When will the virtual run take place?
1st - 31st May 2022.
Why are we running it?
To bring people together to raise awareness for mental health through running and raise funds for the mental health charity, Mind.
How far do I have to cover?
You can choose from seven distances: 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200 and a huge 250 miles.
What do I get for completing the event?
Each person that completes their virtual run challenge will receive a specially designed Miles For Mind medal. All medals will be sent out once the challenge has finished.
How much does it cost to take part?
Each place in the virtual run is £13.95 for adults and £8.95 for children.
What do I do if I want to join team?
If you want to be part of a team in Miles For Mind, head to your profile in your account and either create a new team or join an existing one.
Have a youngster that wants to get involved?
Got a youngster in the family that wants to take part? No problem! Kids can get involved too!
For those that want to help raise even more money for charity, we have an integrated platform that allows you to setup your own profile and share with friends and family. They can sponsor you directly on your profile page via JustGiving. Simply, sign up to our event and follow the instructions to setting up your profile.
Making a difference
Let's start running....and talking.
As always, we'll be on social media chatting, supporting and helping to inspire one another throughout the month. We’ll be using #runr and #MilesForMind on Twitter, Instagram, Strava and Facebook, so come and get involved over on social media.
We're proud that this community has helped raise an astonishing £368,000 for the charity Mind. This is an incredible achievement. We have also helped spread the message that #MentalHealthMatters and we have seen first hand how this has opened up conversations about mental health.
Here's the awesome medal for the May event that each participant will receive: