BRAND NEW Virtual Running Challenge for 2022 - Runuary!
With the 1st of January comes the thought of New Year, New Start and what better way to stay motivated than a virtual running challenge!
For this event we have linked up with the Eden Reforestation Project and for every person that enters the virtual run, we will be planting 10 trees!
Some of the key highlights include:
- For everyone that enters, 10 trees will be planted as part of the Eden Reforestation Project.
- Automatically sync runs with Strava, Garmin and Fitbit and manually add runs.
- Using our platform you can raise further funds for Mind (optional) using our JustGiving integration.
- Create or join a virtual running team.
- Interact with the running community on any of our Strava, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
- FREE monthly mileage tracker AND bingo card!
- Overall and individuals progress tracked against goals.
- Earn badges and rewards as you progress.
Key Virtual Run Event Information
When will the virtual running challenge take place?
1st - 31st January 2022.
Why are we running it?
January can be a tough month to get motivated to what better way than join other like minded people and taking on a running challenge and helping plant 10 trees each in the process.
How far do I have to cover?
You can choose from eight distances: 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200 and a huge 250 miles.
What do I get for completing the event?
Each person that completes their virtual run challenge will receive a specially designed Runuary medal. All medals will be sent out once the virtual run challenge has finished.
How much does it cost to take part?
Each place in the virtual run is £13.95 for adults and £8.95 for children.
What do I do if I want to join team?
If you want to be part of a team in Runuary, head to your profile in your account and either create a new team or join an existing one.
Have a youngster that wants to get involved?
Got a youngster in the family that wants to take part? No problem! Kids can get involved too!
For those that want to help raise even more money for charity, we have an integrated platform that allows you to setup your own profile and share with friends and family. They can sponsor you directly on your profile page via JustGiving. Simply, sign up to our event and follow the instructions to setting up your profile.
Making a difference
We believe that we can make a difference, one step at a time.
The running community can achieve great things and with this in mind, we set ourselves a lofty goal to plant ONE MILLION TREES over the next 5 years through our virtual runs!
We're pleased to be able to show off the medal for the very first Runuary!!